Thursday, November 8, 2007

Updates

For those of you who like a little closure, I thought I should post a couple of updates.

As you may remember, I've been sick for 4 solid weeks now. A week ago, I finally broke down and went to the Dr sans insurance and got an antibiotic. I had high hopes of remembering what normal feels like within a few days.

Well, as it turns out, the antibiotic does not appear to have done a thing for me. Took the last one last night. I'm still congested. Still coughing occasionally. I bought a different expectorant/decongestant yesterday (this time I had my ID ready). Between that and an online tip, I've at least managed to get my ear to start unplugging this morning. My voice isn't echoing so much inside my head, and I feel only slightly deaf instead of half deaf. But I hate to pay for another Dr visit.

On a more positive note, my weekend trip was simply wonderful. I couldn't believe all the colorful leaves we got to enjoy, courtesy of a mild fall. Made the drive just beautiful. I had great company for the drive as well. You gotta love the friend you can talk to for 6 1/2 hours straight, 2x! And we had a fun, low-key visit with our friends, enjoying their new house and 2 little ones. It always makes me so happy to see how happy this particular friend is. She's got the best of husbands and is a great stay-at-home mom.
Of course, even though it had occurred to me ahead of time, I managed to forget, and so was caught off guard by how emotional and hard it was to say good-bye. The first round of many, I'm afraid. You gotta love the friend who handles it just right when you get in the car bawling.

Well, I guess I'll get back to flight watching. I'm going a bit crazy trying to book FB's round-trip ticket and my one-way ticket. I usually just take one of the cheapest flights, no matter how obnoxious the schedule. But I'm trying to make the most of the little time he'll have here, make sure he has a long enough lay-over to navigate customs and immigration for his first time, give me the opportunity to say good-bye the day we leave (i.e. not leave at the crack of dawn if I don't have to), not get back at midnight since he'll have to work the next day, and make my one-way ticket match his return flight. How's that for craziness?!

But he'll be here 4 weeks from today!!

No comments: