Monday, November 5, 2007

He's coming!!! (and I'm going...)

FB's boss is letting him have a few more days! He is coming up for a quick visit before the wedding after all!! And then we'll leave together.

Thursday, December 6th, he'll arrive here in Rochester (hopefully I can get him a flight early enough to arrive here late afternoon or early evening). Then we'll leave together on Monday, December 10th.

That means I will see him in 31 days, and I will leave for Mexico in 35 days.

The best part about this news for me (ok, one of the best parts) is knowing when I'll see my love again :)

One of the things I am happiest about in this is that something finally went right for my man. He's been pretty down and frustrated what with his job situation not being the best, and how tight money is, and not knowing if he'd even be able to come and present himself to my family before the wedding. So I am so happy for him that this worked out. Plus, it means his boss must like him at least a little bit. Also a good feeling for him.

For me, I am glad that he will see a bit of my life here before I leave. That's huge. It will be a small slice in so short a time, and I know he'll have more opportunities in the future, but it is easier for me to leave knowing he'll understand a bit of what I am leaving.

So, here we go, this is the real deal. There is an actual visit date for him, and an actual departure date for me. Wow.

2 comments:

carole said...

35 days!!! Wow.
Congratulations. My prayers are with you for good flights.

OTRgirl said...

Congratulations! That's great news.