Friday, March 7, 2008

Sshhh! It`s a secret!

You see, I was paid a very high compliment this week, in an area in which I have already shared my insecurities with you all. And it came from the person most able to affect me with such a compliment. But it is the type that can`t get back to certain people. However, since those people live here in Mexico and speak Spanish, and my readers generally live in the US and speak English, I thought maybe I could share here.

My dear, sweet husband told me this week that I am a better cook than his mother. (And his mother is generally known to be a very good cook.)

Now, I am keeping in mind that this came at a time when he happened to be very hungry - everything tastes better when you are hungry. But it was said very sincerely, and pretty much blew me away.

-----------------------

In other news, I don`t think I have mentioned yet here how excited FB`s family is about my pregnancy. They have already started buying us baby clothes! And you should have seen and heard them the other night when we showed them the ultrasound picture. And they keep making me model for them to see if I am showing yet (enough for FB and I to tell, not too noticeable to most other folks). All in all, it`s fun.

I am happy to say that I am one of those people that really enjoy my in-laws. A couple of Herme`s brothers are really quiet, and we are only just starting to be comfortable initiating conversations with each other. But the brother closest to me in age is really outgoing and loves to pick my brain about one thing or another. He`s managed to pick up enough English words to help me along when I`m not sure what he is saying, too. And his sisters and I hit it off since the beginning, as well as the neices and nephews. We get along even better now that I have improved enough in my Spanish that I don`t feel like they are talking at the speed of light ;)

Well, we are giving ourselves a rare treat and heading to the movies in a little bit, so I am going to get going. FB has had a great workweek, getting out much earlier than usual (by several hours) a couple of days and an hour or 2 early the other days. If only his weeks could be more like this on a regular basis!

3 comments:

carole said...

I just have to say -
I am always astounded at how my boys recognize the pictures of the in-utero baby at such an early age (when most adults have no qualms with killing them). Peter just saw your baby floating around and said, "Baby, baby!!!"

OTRgirl said...

That's a truly amazing compliment! Definitely one to treasure.

What movie did you see?

Anonymous said...

yay! cooking compliments! honestly, i think that is one of the best compliments a wife can receive from her husband. we had a couple from church over for dinner today, and as always, me nervous. :) but it came out okay.

and i like the new look!

~k.sue