Saturday, June 6, 2009

8 months and growing

Pictures appear in reverse order...most recent are first. The last/oldest is from early Marchish, but just too cute to leave out (and I thought Carole would enjoy seeing the pjs). The rest are from the last month and a half or so. I tried to include some of our favorite fashion statemtents (pigtails, auntie´s hat, dresses from Gramma, showing off her belly) as well as some of her favorite activities (first time in the walker, loves to be on her feet, eating avocado, cold baths in hot weather, drumming on tupperware). She´s been growing like a weed lately (she fills 12mo and sometimes 18mo clothes already...) - I´ll have to try and take some more pictures to post that show just how big she´s getting. I´m guessing she weighs close to 20 pounds these days, and shé close in hight to babies at church that are 2mo to 1 year older.
















5 comments:

Ryan said...

Cute!

Unknown said...

WE think she is beautiful!!

Inkling said...

doesn't time fly?! She is adorable and beautiful, and such a sweet gift! Thanks for posting these photos. I know it must have taken forever, but it was so fun to be able to see how she's growing.

Jill said...

Hello, Scarp!
I know you don't know me (and I don't know you), but I clicked on the link for other bloggers in Saltillo and found your blog. I, too, am a stay-at-home gringa mom, living in Saltillo (my daughter is almost 5 months old). We just moved here in November, and I still don't know anyone. I would LOVE to get to know you!
If you'd like to contact me, my name is Jill Douglas, my email is jilldouglas01@hotmail.com, my blog is www.meximamma.blogspot.com, and my home phone number is (844)135-0111. (I'll answer in Spanish, of course, but as soon as you switch to English, I'll be more than happy to switch, too.)
I hope I'm not weirding you out, but I would LOVE to meet you! I need to talk to someone besides my husband and the baby!
Thanks!
-Jill

Diane L said...

Wow she has gotten so big and she is so cute! Hard to see the Carpenter side but the one with you holding her and she is looking back at the camera ( her hair up in pig tails) reminded me of Mary!
I think of you often Sheila; my life is crazy still with these boys but i am sure one day it will calm down.
I am enjoying volunteering at Joy Family Medicine and at Embracing Options, it gives me some important away time and makes me feel more useful as well, not that being a Mom isn't useful
Today well actually yest, since it is 1:24am I worked at JFM and came home to Jonathan's temper flaring over a dessert issue.
This is the quietest time, when I am alone, Rusty is at work and the kids are asleep and I want to stay up and enjoy it. Problem with that is I sleep the day away.
Well I just wanted to say Hi and was so glad to see pics of Katya.
Say Hi to Herme
Mucho love.
Diane