Friday, July 27, 2007

Last day

This is it. Officially my last post from my little apartment.

I'm not a great live alone kind of person, but this was a pretty good year. It helped that I knew all along that it was only for a year or so. It was really an almost perfect little place for me. Just the right size. Well kept up. Great landlord. Cheap to heat. I LOVED walking to work. Overall a good experience. As always with moving, it is a bit sad to leave this place. But as I mentioned a couple of posts ago, I've moved 8 times in the last 11 years. And as a kid, we moved a few times as well. I've learned that any house can easily become 'home'.

When I mentioned to FB earlier this week that I was sorting and packing, preparing to move back to my parents', his first response was, "How are you feeling about that?" (I love that he asks me that about things - it helps me process and shows his empathy all in one fell swoop). The best I could reply at the time was that it will be different - lots of alone time here, lots of people there. Both can be either good or bad.

So begins the next in-between stage. Now I have things like bridal showers and wedding receptions to think about. And yet another phase of sort and purge (although I thought I was doing a pretty good job of this, seeing how much stuff it is when packed convinces me I will need to do better before leaving the country). I think these next few months are going to move along pretty quickly...

Well, I better go finish up with the last of things - the move is in just a few hours.

No comments: