Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Did I mention I'm in transition?

The timing of my Mexico trip and family vacation mean that I've essentially been away for 3 weeks. What makes that timing so interesting is that I need to wrap things up at my job and move out of my apartment (back home) by the end of the month. I don't know about the rest of you, but when I've been away from home for awhile, the last think I want to do is start sorting and packing. Not just any sorting and packing, but well thought out and organized so I know what is going to Mexico with me and when. And having been away from work for 3 weeks does not make it easy to get back in the swing of things. Thankfully, that part is pretty low-key.

I feel like I explain the timeline of the next several months multiple times a day and by now the whole world should know it. But I realize it is quite possible I have not explained it to all who happen to read this blog, so let me spell it out quick:

End of July: My contract at work is up and I stop receiving a paycheck. My lease is up on my apartment and I move home to save money.

Mid-Late October: FB comes to visit here for about a week. I go back with him, moving to Mexico.

December 29th: The wedding.

Up until recently, my plans for between the end of July and the end of October were pretty vague, revolving around whatever I felt I needed to tie up all my loose ends here before moving away. However, circumstances have conspired against me in such a way that my savings account has shrunk significantly. So where before I considered some very part-time work to just keep things even, I am now feeling a strong need to work at least half-time and earn some money in the next couple of months. Although I won't have to pay rent, I'll still have things like gas, going out with friends, etc, that will require money. And there are a couple of bigger things I want to do, like consider new glasses and maybe make a trip to CA. Thankfully, my dad has connections and can probably help me find an office job (which is perfect for me since most of my part time jobs over the years were office jobs, and it is a pretty low-stress, mindless kind of thing).

This is a very interesting stage to have come to. I am thankful to close the chapter of this last year, because it was very hard to basically have a whole year of working and living in places I knew I'd soon be leaving. I feel like I am moving on, am much closer to the wedding and starting the next chapter. However, for the moment, I am between things, in a type of holding pattern for about 3 months. I haven't quite sorted out what I think and feel about this yet....maybe there will be more to come.

And now for a sappy moment.....
I miss my man!!!
The combination of not being as busy now since I am simply wrapping things up at work and having just recently returned from a visit in which I was able to spend at least several hours everyday with him - suffice it to say that our internet dates for an hour or 2 every 3-4 days seem awfully paltry now.

I promise, pictures really are coming soon. I just can't load them from home, and when I was working on it the other day, the computer I was using froze. Soon, really.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CA trip? just for pleasure, or... let me think... did your "big bro" move out there?
~k sue

carole said...

Hey. Thanks for the updates - it's still surreal to me (probably always will be) so it's good to get current information...