Monday, November 23, 2009

A JOB!!

My husband has a job! For the 1st time in almost an entire year, he got a yes!

Now, we still covet your prayers, because it is 100% commissions, no base salary. But a job is still a job, and much, much better than no job at all.

He will be working in a bank, ´selling´ credit cards, insurance plans, etc.

The big upside...he will work normal, 40 hour work weeks, Mon-Fri, and will be at a desk in the office...no crazy driving all over town stuff like the last job. :)

I can´t remember the name of the bank, but its owned by the man who is even richer than Bill Gates and from Mexico...

Today he went in and filled out all the pre-hire paperwork, and tomorrow or Wednesday he´ll start his training or orientation or whatever you want to call it.

THank you so, so much for all of your prayers!!!!

___________________

In other news, because I ran out of time last time, we have switched churches. This has been a major decision for us that we have struggled with since actually before the wedding, about 2 years now. It has been hard, mostly because we really felt like we were with family at our first church. At the new church we knew only a handful of people getting started, although I am happy to say that after 5-6 weeks, I do know a few names and faces now. But we reached a point where we really felt it was where God wanted us, that He has a plan for us and for the family of my husband in that church and under that Pastor´s care. We actually will be meeting with the Pastor in about a half hour. Anyways, for that reason, I can´t write more now, but it has been a major change for us that I wanted to share here, even if it is only a little bit.

Thanks again for all the prayers. I´ll keep doing my best to stay in better touch!

6 comments:

d,b&a said...

Congratulations, Herme! We're so happy for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it. Headed to Rochester for Thanksgiving and thinking of you. Katy is great! Email me your new address if you can? Miss you! -Esther

Frau Green said...

Hooray! I am so glad. You all have been on my heart. Happy Thanksgiving too! - Denee

Inkling said...

Oh, I am so excited for you. I will keep on praying for your husband to find favor in his new job, and for provision. And I'll be praying for you guys as you make this new church home really a home.

It was so fun to come back here and find a post from you. I always love hearing from you. Know that you are always on my mind, and that you are not forgotten - even when you aren't able to post here.

Much love, Sara

OTRgirl said...

Lots of big news. Congratulations! The job sounds much better than the old one. I think I finally found a new church as well. Granted, the transition wasn't as difficult for me as the one you've both gone through.

I'm really happy for you all.

reaper8181 artwork said...

that's great news, it sounds like a great job for him. but i could never be at a desk job no matter what they pay me. i love to work outside with my hands.
have a great day and i hope he likes his new job
reaper