Wednesday, December 19, 2007

From Mexico!!

Warning- If this post ends suddenly, it is because my man has returned to the cyber for me, and I have to get going...

So, I´m here and all is well. I´ve been here almost 10 days and only had one day of real homesickness, like how am I possibly going to live this far from so many I love. But not a bad ratio so far, huh? And my beloved FB held for as long as I wanted to cry, encouraged me then and the next day to cry whenever I need to, and proposed that if it turns out to be too hard for me to live here, he thinks it´d be easier on him to live in Rochester. I don´t at all think that´s something we want to pursue at this point, but I soooo appreciate him saying so!

Things have been going well, although very busy. FB´s job involves spending the majority of the day driving around to the homes of clients behind on their accounts. So the best way for us to accomplish the myriad of errands, etc, is for me to spend the day with him and we stop as we can. So I haven´t had much time for things like blogging...

Which, speaking of his job, please pray for God to supernaturally provide a better one. This one is very long hours (From about 930am till about 830pm with an hour for lunch...although maybe it will be slightly better when he isn´t fitting all these errands in) and not enough pay. But it´d be next to impossible to find a new one while working this one. SO...

In other news, our house is very cute. I´m very excited about that! It´s brand new, we´re the first renters. And small, but plenty for the 2 of us. And within walking distance of a couple of my best friends here.

They had a shower for me last Saturday. I was very nervous to be the center of attention for so long without Herme to help me. But it was loads of fun (the Mexican culture has a better idea of how to enjoy themselves, I think)! And we were given a nice starter set of things for the house - towels, glasses, iron and board, pans...

Hmm, I´m almost out of time on my account here, so...

I appreciate your prayers as we wind up all the details before the wedding! and for my Spanish to come quickly!

I´ll write again as I´m able - I should have a bit more time when things settle down after the wedding.

4 comments:

OTRgirl said...

So glad to hear things are going well! That's great news.

carole said...

SEVEN days 'till your wedding!
It's cool to have an official post from Mexico - makes it feel a bit more real to me.

OTRgirl said...

Hope you're doing well in the final stretch before the wedding! Jrex and I were discussing how bummed we were to not be there to see it. Sigh. I know it will be beautiful.

carole said...

TIME FOR AN UPDATE!!!
:)

Wondering how everything went and how you are now and how much it costs to get time online down there.